What is Web Hosting? A web hosting service allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible to the World Wide Web.
Some of the considerations to make when purchasing web hosting are:
- How much web space do I need?
(For all but the biggest web sites, 100GB is more than adequate.)
- How much web space does the web hosting company offer?
(Always check that what is on offer will be suitable for your needs.)
- How much bandwidth (or data transfer) is included?
(Bandwidth describes the level of traffic and data allowed to travel and transfer between your site, users, and the Internet. A hosting plan with anywhere from 3-5 gigabytes (GB) of data transfer per month should suffice.)
- How many email addresses do I need?
(Make sure the web hosting package you choose offers enough email accounts for you.)
- Will I be blogging?
(If yes, then you’ll need hosting that offers at least one database.)
- Do they offer good support?
(I’m always available on the phone or by email.)